We exist to eliminate the pain experienced by millions of people when changing homes
At Adfenix, we are leading an industry revolution, empowering thousands of real estate agents across 14 countries to transition from print advertising to the digital age, using social media. We leverage in-depth analysis of millions of data points for hyper-targeting the right home buyers with the right home at the right time.
With a strong team and cutting edge technology, we have rapid growth of 20-30% per month. We are currently 60 people from more than 20 different countries, based all over the world. In 2017 we were awarded the “Startup team of the year” in Sweden. Our HQ office in central Gothenburg has also been nominated as one of the nicest in Sweden.
Over the past 3 years, Adfenix has established a strong market presence in the Nordics, UK, Ireland, US and Australia. The next chapter will see our entrance into new markets globally as well as securing a strategic position in existing markets.
We are fortunate to have an outstanding, innovative product that is in a league of its own and in great demand!
As we are experiencing tremendous growth, we are searching to add a DevOps Engineer to our high performing engineering team to help us manage our cloud based code development lifecycle
- This is a role that will enable you to contribute some of your finest work. Not only will you help improve the existing technology platform to introduce scale and efficiency, you will also be mentoring other team members to level up based on your experience of supporting teams building great software.
- You will be embedded with the development teams to help build new products and features to delight our customers while solving hard problems, delivering simplicity over complexity and automation over management.
- You will be a key player in our development team, focusing on further improving our software builds monitoring and maintenance, while at the same time simplifying processes and ensuring efficient use of time for team members.
Responsibilities - what you'll do
- You will be responsible for our cloud computing environment, including such features as code repositories, build and test automation, CI/CD, infrastructure as code, release automation, containers and container management, autoscaling & capacity planning
- You will be helping the engineering team with shell scripting, development management and associated workflows, environment planning, monitoring, support, escalation and DNS
- Internal knowledge sharing about DevOps best practices, including training engineers in the use and understanding of development automation and deployment automation
- Help to identify “bad patterns” in operations (and engineering) and suggest innovative resolutions
- Work with the team to improve our adoption of agile and to continuously improve the engineering process
- Demonstrate your solutions and the discarded options to others as needed
- You will have familiarity with web integration APIs and be able to test and debug the use of endpoints and callbacks including security tokens and secure configuration
- You will also work directly with the CTO to refine the architectural plan, and help drive the engineering team towards that plan
Requirements - who you are
- Passionate about using technology to change the world
- Awesome at accelerating engineering teams through automation and process simplification
- Comfortable learning new technologies and techniques
- Love solving difficult problems in new and exciting ways
- Comfortable working with a global team
- A team player who thrives on the success of the whole team
- You've probably been playing with technology and software since your early school days
- Easy to get along with!
Requirements - key skills
- Demonstrable experience providing DevOps support to engineering teams
- Comfortable picking up new technologies quickly
- Working as a key team member in an agile/scrum methodology
- Experience working with these technologies or similar tools
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Shell scripting - bash, ksh & powershell
- Jira, including configuration and administration
- Buildkite (or Jenkins, Travis, Bamboo etc)
- Datadog (or Logstash/ELK, New Relic, Nagios etc)
- Git & Github (or Bitbucket, Gitlab etc)
- AWS Route53 & APIs
- REST & GraphQL
- Docker & Kubernetes
- AWS CloudFormation (or Terraform, Chef, Puppet etc)
Our offer to you
By joining the fast-growing team at Adfenix, you will be rewarded with exciting days and a high degree of freedom and space for growth, both professionally and personally
You will be supported by a close team of high achieving individuals aiming to push the limits in new directions
You will have the opportunity and expectation to be a key player in the technology story for a rapidly growing and highly-regarded global start-up
- You will enjoy the leadership and mentoring of an experienced CTO who has the passion to push the software engineering team to new heights
Last, but far from least, you have the opportunity to join our very attractive stock option program
To get a sneak peek of what it's like to work here you can check out our Instagram
Are you open to consultants/contractors/outsourcing?
No, this is a permanent position on-site where we seek an individual who wants to be an integral part of the team and grow with it
Are you interested in getting external help with recruiting?
No, at this point we are not seeking any further cooperation with recruitment agencies